Publicado en 3C TIC – Volume 12 Issue 1 (Ed. 42)
Ahmed D. Abdulateef*
Ammar A. Abdul Rahman
Precast columns in precast concrete structures with floor heights require connections that need confident, reliable, and cost-effective design and implementation methods that can speed up both processes. At the same time, still ensure adequate strength, stiffness, and ductility to the column behavior. Columns specifically have the main role in structures for transmitting vertical and horizontal loads due to seismic effects to the base to fulfill life safety requirements, but the existence of a connection in the column cannot ensure the required. This work aims to study the performance and efficiency of mechanical bolted column connections under the action of seismic loading. In this regard, a column connection used in the precast structure of the new Karbala Provincial Council (KPC) under seismic loading is used as the case study. This building was analyzed and then designed employing special mechanical bolted connections produced by Peikko’s products (Column-shoe & Anchor bolts). The analysis gave the exact forces at the connection location and the design using Peikko’s column connection performed well under all loading cases including the seismic case. The analysis and design lead to smaller column section selection since it takes into account the interaction of applied loads using special equations.
KeywordsColumn Shoe, Column to column connection, Seismic design, bolted connection, Anchor bolts
- Particulate Matter Levels Classification Using Modified and Combined ResNet Models with Low Features Extraction
- The role of social networking sites in promoting the culture of Iraqi rural women and empowering them
- Quantization and application of low-rank tensor decomposition based on the deep learning model
- The Optimization Path of Higher Education Resource Allocation in China Based on Fuzzy Set Theory
- Fabric yarn detection based on improved fast R-CNN model
- Reconstruction of physical dance teaching content and movement recognition based on a machine learning model
- A strategy for building a smart sports platform based on machine learning models
- Exploring the direction of the English translation of environmental protection articles based on the robot cognitive- emotional interaction model
- Innovation of college pop music teaching in traditional music culture based on robot cognitive-emotional interaction model
- Application of AR virtual implantation technology based on deep learning and emotional technology in the creation of interactive picture books.