1. Thematic coverage
3c Editorial is a scientific-social editorial, where original works are disseminated. These works cover different themes related to Economics and Business, Technology and Engineering, and Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
1.1. Publishing goal
3Ciencias wants to transmit to society innovative projects and ideas. This goal is reached thought the publication of original articles which are subdue to peer review and thorough the publication of scientific books.
1.2. Our public
• Research staff.
• PhD students.
• Research Results Transfer Office.
• Companies that develop research and want to publish some of their works.
1.3. Sending works
Original works have to be sent to the Editorial Board through the original sending platform that can be accessed throught the following link: http://journals.ojs.3ciencias.com
Authors must register in the journal in which they want to publish the article through the OJS platform of 3Ciencias (https://ojs.3ciencias.com/). If authors need help on how to send an article throw OJS, they can consult our OJS Manual. Once registered, they must select the platform within the “New shipping” (within the platform) and follow the guidelines for submitting articles.
The Presentation Letter to books and the Presentation Letter to articles must be sent to the e-mail email@example.com, signed and fill in. The letter indicates that the publication is original and is not being published nor has been published in any other journal before. Also, in the letter, authors transfer publishing and dissemination rights and other terms of the publishing contract are accepted. The letter can be signed by all authors with digital signature or by hand, as they wish, and the document must be then scanned.
1.4. Review of originals
All original texts received will be subject to double-blind peer review. This implies that the anonymity of the evaluators and the author/s is preserved. Assessment guidelines are as follows:
• The articles received are reviewed, firstly, by the Editorial Board, which assesses whether it suits 3Ciencias editorial policy.
• It the items are accepted editorially, they will be evaluated and shall be subject to a minimum of two revisions, conducted by two external experts evaluators magazine assigned by the Editorial Board according to the content of the articles and the specialization profile of experts.
• After evaluations, experts send a report with the results (of evaluations). The Editorial Board decides on the publication one they have received the suggestions of experts. If the author/s had to introduce changes in the work, the correction time is 1 month, counting from the day following the sending of the indications. In the case that this period is not met, the article will be archived and eliminated from the process.
• In a third review, the Editorial Board makes a decision about the work presented. The result of the decision is communicated to the author/s in a reasoned way. The result of the decision is communicated to the author or authors in a motivated manner. Finally, it is estimated that the publication time ranges between 2 and 5 months.
1.5. About committees
The Editorial Board is made up of academics and specialists from the national and international levels. The acceptance / rejection of the articles is finally taken by them, having as a maximum representative the Editorial Director and in coordination with the Editorial Secretary.
The Editorial Committee and Advisory Committee are two support bodies and working groups made up of teachers, researchers and experts in certain scientific fields at national and international level. Among its functions are:
· Establish the editorial policy of the journals and ensure compliance.
· Guide the editorial process in order to guarantee maximum scientific and technical quality, based on the criteria established by the databases and evaluation systems of national and interternational journals.
· Ensure compliance with the ethical standards of publication.
2. Submission of papers
Manuscripts have to be in word format or another compatible format and in color.
The journal reserves the right to edit and revise articles, even to separate and reorganize certain portions of the text which might be particularly relevant of striking, always respecting the spirit of the original.
2.2. Graphs and Figures
If the works include tables and / or figures, they must attach the same in editable format (for example, .xlsx or .doc). They must be correctly numbered and with a title that will be available below, centered, in body 10 and with a point at the end.
Articles, which must be unpublished, must have a maximum length of 5,000 words, including footnotes and bibliography page, although shorter extensions are appreciated.
2.4. Publication language
The language of work and publication is Spanish. However, works in Catalan and English are accepted. Authors who want to publish in more than one language should send the Spanish version and another one in Catalan or English. Both versions will appear in the journal, each one with its identification number. The author must pay the difference regarding the publication price, which will be indicated in the publication prices section.
The text must be justified. The font must be “Calibri” body of 11 points and adapt to the template that can be found on the web for this purpose. The template can be accessed here.
No articles with misspellings will be accepted. The contents should be carefully checked before sending.
The structure that the text must follow is: Introduction, Methodology, Results, Discussion and Conclusions, and Bibliographic References.
2.7. Title and abstract
Title, abstract and keywords have to be in Spanish and English.
Each article should be preceded by a summary, which should have an extension of between 150 and 300 words, where the objective and methods followed for the preparation of the work, and main results and conclusions should be briefly captured.
In addition, it is necessary to incorporate 4 or 5 keywords that summarize the content of the text. They must be separated by semicolons.
Author’s information will be introduced according to the recommendations of the “Propuesta de manual de ayuda a los investigadores españoles para la normalización del nombre de autors e instituciones en las publicaciones científicas”, created by the FECYT (http://www.fecyt.es/es). The information to include is:
• Name and surname and ORCID code (Obligatory since August 2018).
• Working place
• Research group (optional)
In addition, if possible, the funding body of the work must be indicated.
Authors must transfer the rights to publication and dissemination of articles to Área de Innovación y Desarrollo, S.L.
The Editorial Board will be responsible for omitting these data before the document is reviewed, in order to maintain anonymity between authors and reviewers.
2.9. Bibliographic References
The APA style guidelines must be followed (http://www.apastyle.org/manual/index.aspx), and, if it is possible, a permanent link to the bibliographic reference must be added.
Once the work is published, the Editorial Board will include the bibliographic reference of the work in the same article, also following the APA guidelines.
As an example:
Clares-Gavilán, J. y Medina-Cambrón, A. (2018). Desarrollo y asentamiento del vídeo bajo demanda (VOD) en España: el caso de Filmin. El profesional de la información, 27(4), pp. 909-920. doi:https://doi.org/10.3145/epi.2018.jul.19
Bravo Tuárez, T. L. (2018). Derecho internacional público contemporáneo. Alcoy, España: Editorial Científica 3Ciencias. doi:http://dx.doi.org/10.17993/EcoOrgyCso.2018.33
To obtain more information, you can consult the tutorial that we elaborate on bibliographical references and citations in APA format.https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=3ciencias
3. Promotion and dissemination
3Ciencias follows a plan of promotion and dissemination of the texts in order that they reach greater visibility and impact. The social networks that are used to disseminate the works are: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Google+ and Instagram. In addition, readers can suscribe to the newsletter and to our RSS.